Our words matter, and there’s a lot of debate over how we should talk about people, and a lot of fear around causing offense. Should you say “a homeless man” or “a man experiencing homelessness”, for example? Today’s mini episode was inspired by the phrase, “the vulnerable,” that Courthney uses often and it turns out he and Emily had differing opinions about this! We’re fired up to talk to you all about it in this episode as we break it down from both sides, muddy up the waters, and help you get some clarity moving forward.
- What really aggravates Courthney about this issue
- The most important thing that’s missing in this conversation
- Where positionality and authenticity play a role in the language we use
- Why “getting it right” shouldn’t be the main focus here
- Where your energy should REALLY be focused in this issue
- And more!
If you’d like to support us in continuing this work, we’d be honored if you’d consider donating here: https://www.patreon.com/thehumanizepodcast
Let’s talk about it! Connect with us and continue the conversation: