We’re kicking off season 2 with a little something different for you, and we’re keeping it in the family! On today’s episode, we’re joined by Courthney’s little sister, Khrystal Jones. She’s the founder and CEO of Diamonds in the Rough Services for Youth and Families and the podcast host of Sex Talk with Khrys, and today she’s joining us to break down the idea of individual liberation. Get ready for this amazing discussion of the battle we face between conformity vs individuality, how the search for safety and individuality is often different based on the color of your skin, and some hilarious stories from Courthney and Khrystal’s childhood.
- The cost of being different
- How the “shoulds” in life look different for Blacks and whites
- The way Khrystal handled “the talk” with her son about interactions with police as a Black man
- What it’s like to push through discomfort to step into your own
- The lessons Courthney and Khrystal learned from their parents that helped them both become individually liberated and truly step into themselves
- And so much more!
Continue the conversation with Khrystal at Sex Talk with Khrys on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sextalkwithkhrys
Follow Khrystal on Instagram for all the latest updates: https://www.instagram.com/sextalkwithkhrys/
Check out the podcast Sex Talk with Khrys here: https://anchor.fm/sextalkwithkhrys/episodes/Triggers-epgete
Connect with us and continue the conversation: