Are you wondering how a prep school-raised white girl from Boston and a Black man from Atlanta like us teamed up to collaborate on a mission to work towards progression to help dismantle systems of oppression? On today’s episode, we’re bringing you a “getting to know us” episode and diving into the yin and yang that is us, our stories, how we met, and what brought us together on this journey.
- The most important thing each of us learned from our families growing up that helped shape who we are today
- Courthney’s biggest lessons from growing up in Atlanta that still serve him today
- The hardest time in his life and how he got through it
- Courthney’s experience with homelessness as a medical student (and why he feels it was exactly what he needed)
- The pivot point for him as a doctor that led him to leave medicine and become an entrepreneur passionate about helping people escape poverty
- What led to Emily’s awakening about her own privilege and how she became interested in social dynamics and working in and with poverty
- Why pushing past the fear of being wrong is so important in anti-racism work
- How we actually keep each other safe while doing this work
- And more!
Connect with us and continue the conversation: