In accordance with Boulder County Public Health’s (BCPH) decision to end the county’s mask mandate, effective Friday, February 18, 2022 at 5pm, masks will no longer be required while at Longmont Public Media.
Also effective Friday, February 18, 2022 at 5pm, proof of vaccination will no longer be required to enter and/or use Longmont Public Media.
Longmont Public Media, in accordance with (BCPH), recommends that all individuals 2+ wear a mask while around others. Additionally, here are some steps you can take to keep yourself, your family, friends and community safe:
- Get vaccinated and boosted –Get vaccinated against COVID-19, including the booster, and get your flu vaccine. Vaccines are safe, effective and free and provide significant protection against severe illness and hospitalization from the omicron variant. An up-to-date list of vaccine providers can be found at org/CovidVaccine.
- Wear a mask –BCPH strongly recommends individuals 2+ wear an N95, KN95, KF94 or equivalent medical-grade mask over your nose and mouth while indoors and consider wearing a mask in crowded outdoor settings while the county remains at a level of substantial or high transmission. CDPHE provides details on how to get free masks.
- Increase airflow and ventilation –Move gatherings outdoors when possible. While indoors, use HEPA filters or increase ventilation and airflow by opening windows or increasing air circulation.
- Wash your hands –Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand rub that contains 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Stay home if you’re sick –If you feel sick (fever, cough, difficulty breathing, fatigue, body aches, headache, loss of taste or smell or sore throat), stay home, get tested. Individuals should still adhere to isolation and quarantine guidance, including wearing a mask for five days after an initial five-day isolation period when in any public indoor setting.