Originally released Jan 24, 2022: [Update, The CAAAS in now open!] What exactly IS radical inclusivity and what does it have to do with Critical Race Theory? On today’s episode we’re excited to be joined by Dr. Reiland Rabaka to dive into this with us and explain how radical inclusivity goes beyond race. Dr. Rabaka is a professor at the University of Colorado, Boulder, and the founder of the groundbreaking Center for African and African American Studies (The CAAAS) at CU. In this interview, we get a sneak peek as to how Dr. Rabaka’s vision for radical inclusion is coming to life in the fall of 2022 with the opening of The CAAAS in Boulder.
- The wide range of expressions of what it means to be African and what it means to be Black
- When education in school around race SHOULD be started
- The most difficult conversation Dr. Rabaka’s mother had with him as a child
- Why he teaches critical white studies in his classes
- The Black Tax and how it affects us
- Dr. Rabaka’s vision for The CAAAS and the role it will play in the Boulder community
- How he is teaching differently and in doing so all his classes end up full and waitlisted
- Hip hop feminism and how Dr. Rabaka teaches it in his classes
- And so much more!
Contact info for Dr. Rabaka:
If you’d like to support us in continuing this work, we’d be honored if you’d consider donating here: https://www.patreon.com/thehumanizepodcast
Let’s talk about it! Connect with us and continue the conversation: