Each of us have different strategies when it comes to shifting people’s perspectives. For last week’s guest, Awa Diaw, it can be choosing to end the conversation when it no longer feels productive. For Humanize co-host, Courthney Russell Jr, it’s diving even deeper into the heat. Join us as we deconstruct last week’s episode with Awa about creating influence. We’re diving deeper into how we do this in our daily conversations, and what we do with discomfort when it arises.
We’re talking about:
- When is a conversation no longer productive? Stopping a conversation in its tracks because someone might say something they regret.
- Courthney’s strategies for creating maximum influence & shifting people’s perspectives.
- People having different thresholds for withstanding disrespect
- A question that Courthney has always wanted to ask a white person, but never has before
- THESE biological cues in social situations that something is off, and it’s time to step in
- DEI efforts in the business world, increasing productivity in workplaces
- How the U.S. economy is based on slavery & skin color
- And much more!
Follow Awa on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/adiaw/
If you’d like to support us in continuing this work, we’d be honored if you’d consider donating here: https://www.patreon.com/thehumanizepodcast
Let’s talk about it! Connect with us to continue the conversation: