90% of the profits from Idelette’s book, Recovering Racists, is going to different communities of color that have been oppressed and discriminated against. And she’s doing a beautiful job of just asking where this money should go. This question got us on the topic of reparation and how it’s synonymous with money in most people’s minds. Join us as we break down our previous episode with Idelette, dive deep into using ONLY money as a form of reparation, touch on how we live in a culture where everything is so offensive and why we, as a society, being more worried about correct labeling than the actual work being done has got to change.
- The event Courthney went to on Juneteenth this year
- What we hope the Juneteenth celebration will represent for freedom going forward
- Why excess money without a cause is a dangerous thing
- Emily’s position as a white woman doing this work and a top question on her mind
- Why addressing education, healthcare, voting and political power should be seen as a form of reparation
- The drive behind Humanize and making sure that we are in the right position to be used as a solution
- How using ONLY money as a form of reparation is very dangerous
- Writing a letter to OUR ancestors, and the top questions we have for them
- And so much more!
If you’d like to support us in continuing this work, we’d be honored if you’d consider donating here: https://www.patreon.com/thehumanizepodcast
Let’s talk about it! Connect with us to continue the conversation: