Originally Released June 28, 2021
If you know better, you can do better. Join us in today’s episode, where we’re joined by writer, journalist, and antiracism coach, Courtney Napier, to explore the role our ancestors play in our lives as well as the illusions and fuckery of white supremacy that affects us all.
We’re digging into:
- The “crack in the veneer” moment that changed everything for Courtney
- How white supremacy impacts white people as well as POC
- The kind of work that will lead to freedom (it’s not what you think!)
- Pleasure vs conscience and its role in resisting oppression
- The illusions of white supremacy
- Why more Black and Brown women are starting businesses
- The difference between suffering and struggle
- And so much more!
Narrative of a Life Fredrick Douglass, an American Slave: Frederick Douglass: https://www.tatteredcover.com/book/9780143107309
Women Race and Class: Angela Davis https://www.tatteredcover.com/book/9780394713519
Essay by Audre Lorde: Uses of the Erotic, Erotic as Power: Audre Lorde
White Beloveds: Black Lives Matter Is Not a Trend Its an Invitation to Our Own Freedom Too: https://plantedmoredeeply.wordpress.com/2020/06/28/white-beloveds-blacklivesmatter-is-not-a-trend-its-an-invitation-to-our-own-freedom-too/
Let’s talk about it! Connect with us and continue the conversation: