When you hear a lot of conversations around racism and white supremacy, it can be easy to assume that it’s just a Black and white thing. But we don’t believe that’s true, and in today’s episode we’re debriefing last week’s conversation with Dr. Reiland Rabaka where we discussed this as well as radical inclusivity and critical race theory. Join us as we take a deeper dive into the importance of culture and relationships in this conversation, African culture, and the idea of racelessness.
- Why creating something like Dr. Rabaka’s Center for African and African American Studies is so important
- The thing that generally really drives BIPOC to stay in one place for a long time (it’s not money!)
- Why language is such a powerful thing, particularly to marginalized communities
- Some of our favorite qualities about African culture
- The difference between academics and intellectuals
- And more!
If you’d like to support us in continuing this work, we’d be honored if you’d consider becoming a patron here: https://www.patreon.com/thehumanizepodcast
Let’s talk about it! Connect with us and continue the conversation: