In today’s episode, we’re debriefing last week’s conversation with Shiquita Yarbrough, the first Black person to run for city council in Longmont, Colorado. We’re diving deeper into power, ego, and tokenism, why the conversation around these topics is so important, and different ways that DEI work can show up in a business.
- Why it’s important for us all to understand how each other defines power when in conversation around it
- The controversy around Middlesex School and Dr. Nikole Hannah-Jones
- Where cancel culture plays a role in the struggle for corporate transparency
- The new reality of corporations
- Why proper representation in places of power is so crucial, and how it can actually look different than you think
- And more!
If you’d like to support us in continuing this work, we’d be honored if you’d consider donating here: https://www.patreon.com/thehumanizepodcast
Let’s talk about it! Connect with us and continue the conversation: