What will it take for BIPOC to truly be free? This week, we’re debriefing the eye-opening conversation we had with DEI activist Crystal Lynese on the oppressive behaviors and origins of “Karen.” Tune in to this episode as we dive deeper into Crystal’s 3 most memorable moments from her interview last week, the protection and power white women often took for granted, and how to figure out YOUR position in the fight for freedom for people of color.
- The often overlooked ways white women commodified black bodies
- Why we need to recognize the strong women who stand behind strong men
- The ridiculous legacy of hierarchy of race
- What it means to embrace the uncomfortable truth of being white
- The problem with naming white fragility (and the #1 thing it perpetuates)
- How POC are denied the freedom of an intersectional life
- What MUST be done so BIPOC can “just be”
- The ONE thing underpinning everything in life
- And so much more!
Resources mentioned in this episode:
“Stamped: Racism, Antiracism, and You”: https://www.tatteredcover.com/book/9780316453691
“They Were Her Property: White Women as Slave Owners in the American South”: https://www.tatteredcover.com/book/9780300218664
Let’s talk about it! Connect with us and continue the conversation: