What’s the difference between being an ally and an accomplice when it comes to anti-racism work? On today’s episode, we’re getting personal and exploring the differences between them, our own backgrounds, why BIPOC and allies will NEVER be the ones to dismantle white supremacy — and who will instead.
- The mixed messages Emily got from her mother about race and what it’s like to critically examine the actions of loved ones while on your own anti-racism journey
- What needs to happen to TRULY accomplish change in the system
- The difference between allyship and accompliceship
- Why declaring yourself as an ally isn’t enough — and what you should be focusing on doing instead
- Courthney’s thoughts on the term BIPOC as a grouping
- What white supremacy being dismantled ACTUALLY looks like
- Resources for you if you want to learn more about Malcom X
- And more!
Connect with us and continue the conversation: